Watermelon & Grilled Cheese Salad
- 6 ounces of haloumi or fresh mozzarella cheese, drained
- 3 cups arugula or other salad greens
- 1/4 seedless watermelon, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- aged balsalmic vinegar
- 1 bunch fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup pistachios, rouchly chopped
- Start by slicing your cheese into 1/3 inch slices.
- Next heat your grill or grill pan to medium-high and lightly cover the brush grate with olive oil to prevent the cheese from sticking.
- You want to grill your cheese about 2 minutes on each side or until the cheese has some nicely defined grill marks (presentation is everything with the cheese! lol).
- Place your salad greens in your serving dish and then top with your cut watermelon and cheese.
- Drizzle the salad with your olive oil and vinegar followed by your chopped mint and pistachios.
This is a great salad to make for your next summer cookout you have as it pairs great with just about everything! What is your favorite way to enjoy watermelon during the summer? Have a wonderful weekend!
You might also like...