Every season brings about new ideas for events. Since fall is now officially here (I have been trying to hold onto summer just a week or two longer!) I have put together a list of 10 amazing opportunities that the season has brought and reasons for a fall event. All of these ideas could be tied into a wedding, party or any kind of get together you may be hosting. After making this list I have come to like fall just that much more!
1. Enjoy the Outdoors. You can now host outdoor events without worrying about bugs or it being too hot.
2. Fire Pits. Now is the perfect time of the year to light the fire and enjoy its warmth. Invite a few friends over for a fun get together around the fire pit.
3. Outdoor Lighting. You can finally use those outdoor lights that you have to decorate and not have to wait until after 9 or 10 like in the summer. Hold an impromptu after work drinks or dinner party and enjoy the evening outdoors under your starry night.
4. Leaves. They already serve as a great backdrop for any outdoor event with their changing colors, but you can also use them in your decorations, for crafts or the old fashion leave pile to jump into.
5. Pumpkin Flavored Everything. Need I say anymore?
6. Hot Beverages. Now is the perfect time that you can sit back, relax and enjoy a hot cup of your favorite beverage without having to wait for it to cool off. Create a hot beverages bar at your next party so your guests can add a little extra splash of “fun” into your drinks. My favorite is hot chocolate and kahlua.
7. Warm Foods. This is the perfect season for soup, chili and stew. Host a party and have this be your main dish and everyone else can bring sides or desserts. Easy to put together and everyone loves a potluck!
8. Fall Colors. The reds, oranges, and yellows of fall create such a warm environment for any outdoor or indoor setting. Take advantage of the colors of the season when choosing your event color palette.
9. No Decorations Needed. With the leaves changing and an abundance of apples, pumpkins, and leaves you don’t need other decorations than these for your event. Decorations are done!
10. Fall Festivals. Between fall farmer’s markets, Oktoberfest, state fairs, and fall festivals going on there is an endless number of events that are put on that the whole family can enjoy.
Even though summer is over there are still an abundance of events to take part in and host during the fall. What is your favorite event to attend or host during the fall?