2. Grooms Start Spending. With more grooms getting involved in the planning of weddings and other events there has been an increase in the average cost of the event. Grooms are wanting to contribute to the planning with groom cakes, rings, accessories, fancy honeymoons, and intricate grooms gifts. However, brides are loving that they are taking part in the planning so make sure you have the cash!
3. A Return to Elegance. In 2012 you saw a lot of DIY as a part of cutting back on event expenses. 2013 will bring back the elegance that we used to associate with events. From nicer fabrics, lace details and influence from the 1920’s we will see the elegance return to events that is something to love.
5. Custom Wedding Details. I am a huge fan of customized details. This includes everything from adding your own monogram to decorating your own blank-slatted venue. Brides, grooms and event planners love creating an event from scratch. It allows the hosts to intertwine a part of themselves into the event.
6. Economy Drives Choices. With the economy still trying to make a comeback one’s budget will still be driving the limitations when it comes to event planning. However, the use of technology and sites such as Pinterest and Etsy have helped in finding cost friendly ways of having the things you have dreamed of at your event.
8. DIY Attire. With Pinterest and Etsy fueling the DIY mindset of event planners everywhere (me included!) this trend will continue to live on in 2013. It started out as just basic projects like favors or place cards but you will see a transformation in the events of DIY accessories and attire in 2013. It may be time for a bigger craft corner.
9. Low Key Soirees. No matter the trend you will always have those who like to rebel (yes this can be a trend too). In 2013 you will see quite a number of couples just want to throw in the towel and stick with the basics when it comes to planning events. Hosting very small get togethers, elopements, and just laid back events that take the press off from the “having it all” event that is pushed upon so many people.
Missed part 1 from last week? You can check that out by following the link here. What trend are you looking forward to see in 2013?
You might also like…