31. Vase Variety. Trying using a variety of small bud vases as a centerpiece instead of a large centerpiece with lots of flowers in them. You can still use the same flowers you love but you don’t have to buy as many of them and you can put the arrangements together yourself as easy vase will only hold a few stems.
33. Find New Talent. There are always talented DJ’s, bakers, photographers, and caterers out there waiting for their big break. Find someone in the business currently and ask them if they have anyone they have anyone working as an apprentice or currently in school that they could refer to you. You can get a big break on price if you have someone that is just trying to break into the business or still studying their profession. And most of the time they will be more than flexible to work with you on what you want so that in return you can sing praises and refer them to your friends.
35. Early Bird Wedding. Having your wedding earlier in the day can help you cut down your costs with every vendor. You can get great deals at venues, entertainment and above all else food. If you have your wedding early enough you can create a to-die-for brunch menu.
36. Go Homemade. If you plan on sending your guest home with a sweet treat a great way to save money is to make the favor yourself. I worked where the bride and her mom made the chocolate mustaches that all the guests took home.
38. Fake the Cake. If you love cake, but hate the cost, an easy way to save is to decorate a fake cake (foam layers) and to have sheet cakes to cut up in the kitchen. Guests will not know the difference when the cake comes back out all cut and sheet cakes are a fraction of the cost of a wedding cake.
39. Ditch the Limo. Don’t care about take a limo from the wedding to the reception or to the hotel? An easy way to save a couple hundred dollars is to get a family member to drive the bride and groom between destinations and find a friend’s SUV that can shuttle the wedding party from the ceremony to the reception.
Do you have other ways that you have saved when planning your wedding or event?
- Event Money Saving Ideas #1
- Event Money Saving Ideas #2
- Event Money Saving Ideas #3
If you have any topics you would like me to cover in future posts let me know! You can leave a comment below or you can email me at email@example.com.