- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 stick of softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups assorted candies (Reese’s Pieces, M&M’s, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Kit Kats & Candy Corn are all great candies to use)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick cooking (not instant) oats
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat eggs and both sugars on medium until smooth and combined. Add vanilla, peanut butter and butter and beat again on medium until smooth. Mix in the oats, baking soda, and salt. Fold in candies.
- Scoop cookie dough with a large cookie scoop onto an ungreased baking sheets (makes about 4 dozen large cookies). Bake for about 10 minutes, until edges are lightly browned. Let cool on baking sheets for several minutes before using a spatula to remove to wire rack.
If you have fiends coming over, have them bring some of their leftover candy to add to the cookie candy pile for an even wider variety. My favorite candy is Reese's Peanut Butter Cups which are perfect for this cookie recipe. Do you have a favorite recipe that you like to make to use up some of your leftover Halloween candy?
You might also like...