- 9 cups of rice krispie cereal
- 9 cups of mini marshmallows
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- red and green food coloring
- mini chocolate chips
- 2 - 8 inch cake pans sprayed with non-stick spray
- To make the rind melt 4 cups of mini marshmallows and 3 tablespoons of butter until very puffy and then add the green food coloring.
- While still warm, pour the green mixture over 4 cups of rice krispie cereal and stir.
- Before it cools, quickly divide the mixture between the two prepared cake pans. Press the rind along the sides of the pans, creating a ring about 1.5 inches tall and 1-1.5 inches wide/thick.
- To make the center take the rest of the mini marshmallows, butter, rice krispies and the red food coloring and repeat the steps you used to make the green rind.
- Once combined, pour the red mixture into the center of the pans and press down to create a smooth surface.
- To create your seeds take the mini chocolate chips and press them into your rice krispie treats.
- You are now ready to slice your treats into watermelon wedges and serve!
You might also like...