For my family's tailgate at JMU we always go above and beyond when it comes to hosting our tailgate party. No matter who or what you are tailgating for (concert, baseball, or football game) you will find all of these on your list of must-haves to make your tailgate a success.
2. A Tent. This was the best investment that my family has ever made. The tent helps keep you cool on hot days and keeps the rain off of you on rainy days. It is also a great way to show your support of your team on gamedays.
3. A Table. Just like the tent, you can now buy a team's playing field as your tailgate table. When it comes to decorating this makes it easy and you don't need to buy a tablecloth!
4. A Grill. A newer addition to our tailgating standards is our tailgate grill. It hooks onto the back of the car, for easy transportation, and we have cooked everything from grilled cheese and chili, pizza, and ribs on ours.
5. Festive Cups, Napkins, Plates, etc. You can't just get the standard white paper plates, red solo cups and napkins for a true gameday tailgate. We stock-up on school colored items and custom JMU cups.
7. Music. What's a party without some good music? So you don't kill your car battery use a portable speaker and plug in your ipod with a fun mix. Don't forget to include your school's fight song in the mix!
9. Food. With all the normal tailgate activities that go one it is really important to make sure you have some food. Everything from finger foods to full out catered meals are acceptable tailgate foods, though I always like the fun football themed items. These adorable JMU cookies were made by Kooking in Kate's Kitchen.
10. Drinks. And last but not least, the drinks. We always have a wide variety of drink options on gamedays with our marked adult and non-adult beverage coolers as well as tailgate bar set-up. Don't forget to enjoy your gameday beverage in a fun glass!!
For more great tailgate ideas you can checkout this Fall if for Football Pinterest board and by visiting my Pinterest page @PreppyPlanner. What is a staple that you have at your tailgate on gameday? Share your tailgate ideas below!!