Pinata Favor Boxes from blogger Ilana Saul
You will need:
- mini cardboard or papier-mâché gift boxes
- crepe paper or tissue paper in multiple colors
- Cut long, one-inch wide strips out of your paper.
- Take each strip, and using your scissors, cut fringe into one side of the strip.
- Line up the bottom of your fringe with the bottom edge of your box and glue. You only need a little bit of glue to get your paper to stick.
- Continuing to work from the bottom up, in alternating colors, layering as you go.
- Fill your boxes with party favors, like bright colored candies, nail polish, lip gloss or mini tequila bottles, and get ready to put a smile on all your guests’ faces! Just be careful that they don't walk away with multiple pinata party boxes!
And of course if you really want to get into the Cinco de Mayo spirit, you can always go for the best dressed and make your own pinata costume. I'm not going to guarantee it, but you probably won't have to pay for a single drink all night if you show up to celebrate wearing a pinata costume.
How are you planning on celebrating Cinco de Mayo on Monday?
You might also like these other Cinco de Mayo ideas...