While I am holding off until Monday for the big reveal I thought I would share with you a fun end of summer (tear...) recipe that will be sure to satisfy your taste buds this weekend. Ever since I first tried these at my friends house a few summers ago this has become my favorite go-to recipe. Southern Living can do no wrong! Enjoy!
(Makes about 10 cups)
- 1 - 20oz jar refrigerated sliced mangoes
- 1 - 6oz can frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur
- colored decorator sugar (optional)
- For an extra bit of sparkle to your glass spoon 3 Tbsp. juice from mangoes into a shallow dish, dip rims of glasses into the juice and then dip them into the sugar crystals to coat.
- Take the rest of the juice and the mangoes and pour them into your blender with the limeade concentrate, tequila and orange liqueur. Blend all the ingredients until smooth making sure to stop and scrape down the sides periodically.
- Once fully blended pour half of the mixture into a separate glass and put to the side.
- Add ice to the remaining mango mixture in the blender and blend until slushy. Again, you might need to stop and scrape down the sides to get it fully blended.
- Pour your mango margs into your dazzling glasses and then repeat the ice adding process with the remaining mango mixture so you have your second batch ready to go! (And believe me you will want that second batch ready to go ASAP!)
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and be on the look out as I might share a hint or two this weekend about my fun announcement on Monday! :)
You might also like these summertime favorites...