It's finally Friday! (And yes, I may have that classic Friday song stuck in my head - and I'm totally ok with that!) For me most Fridays during the summer mean its time to plan fun activities for the weekend, but this weekend you don't have to wait for 5 o'clock to get here to start having fun because...today is free slurpee day! If you want to have a little more fun you can also dress up as a cow and head over to Chick-fil-A for Cow Appreciation Day
, but I'll leave that one up to you! Back to the slurpees. So if for some reason you have never heard of free slurpee day its hosted on by 7-Eleven
on you guessed it 7-11 or July 11th (pure genius, right?). So in celebration of free slurpee day here is a great recipe I found on how you can turn your favorite drink into your very own slurpee. Enjoy!Ingredients
- 4 cups of ice
- 2 cups of water
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of sugar
- Your favorite drink
- Pour 4 cups of ice into a blender.
- Pour the crushed ice into a container and place it in the freezer.
- Pour 2 cups of water and your sugar into the empty blender and blend thoroughly.
- Pour 1 can (your drink) into the blender and blend for approximately 10 seconds.
- Take the crushed ice out of the freezer, pour into the blender with your liquid mixture and blend for 15 seconds.
- Pour into a cup and enjoy!
You can make your own slurpee flavor creations by combining different drinks and flavors too. What is your favorite slurpee flavor?
Have a wonderful weekend!
MeganYou might also like...