- 1 1/2 cups champagne or sparkling wine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp light corn syrup
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 grapefruit
- juice of 2 lemons
- Pour the champagne, sugar, corn syrup, and zest into a saucepan and bring to a vigorous boil so that the sugar completely dissolves then remove from heat.
- Juice the grapefruit and lemons into a measuring cup and add water so that the total liquid level is 1 3/4 cups.
- Strain the champagne mixture into a bowl along with the grapefruit juice, lemon juice, and water.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator overnight to chill.
- The next day take the mixture and follow the instructions that came with your ice cream maker. Once done, transfer the sorbet to a freezable container and let firm until the desired consistency is reached. (For those without ice cream makers you can try using a food processor, blender or this recipe from Food.com.)
- Now you are ready to serve!
Do you have a favorite Gatsby inspired recipe? Share your favorites in the comments section below! Have a wonderful weekend!
You might also like...